Sask 1st Call is excited to join the Western Before you Dig Partners and transition to a single, shared software solution for line locate ticket processing and management. Before you Dig Partners is a collaboration between four One-Call services in Western Canada. To facilitate cooperation and improve efficiency, these one-call centres aligned their business rules for the one-call services and adopted a single software solution. The Before you Dig Partners service offers a one-stop platform for all locate submissions in Alberta, BC, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan along with a more fully-realized submission portal and up-to-date software.
Some of the significant changes impacting excavators and homeowners:
- Standard 3 business days’ notice for ticket requests. (See the Aligned Business Rules Document for details)
- Intuitive web-entry. A new, easy-to-use interface that makes entering a locate request simple.
- Mandatory dig site mapping on every request. You map the dig site. You control the shape, size and location of your mapped dig area so facility owners get their information directly from the source.
- Your dig site map determines which facility owners are notified. It is critical that your dig area is accurately mapped.
- The list of companies being notified on your request will be available as soon as you finish drawing your dig site. No processing delays.
- Web-based maps means entering your location is as easy to use as Google maps. Enter the location information in a way that makes sense to you, and let the system do the work of finding the right place to start drawing your map.
- Auto-processed tickets and responses – reduced wait-times for responses, a single source for requesting locates and getting the response back
- Mobile-friendly platform means there is no need to download a separate App for your phone or tablet. The Sask 1st Call app will no longer be functional.
- Project tickets. Link tickets related to one project together for easier tracking.
- Support for Users. Online Chat if you have questions. Self-service Help Centre for information at your fingertips 24/7. Support team email firstname.lastname@example.org. Training webinars held regularly for users. We are here to help.
- Online ticket editing. Correct or renew your existing ticket without entering your information all over again.
- API functionality means integrating your workforce management software could reduce the work required to enter multiple requests online
- More online use means reduced phone wait times when you need to speak to an agent.